Monday, August 16, 2010

MMMMMac n Cheese Please!

To start off I thought from now on I would implement a rating scale. A Kid Rating, using stars, 1-5 out of 5 stars. Same thing for Grown up Rating, star system. Next is a skill level rating. Rating in ease from 1-5. 1 being easy up to 5 being challenging.


Ok so I though I would share my most favorite, awesome, wonderful, kid friendly mac n cheese recipe! I made this the other day and the kids ate so much I thought they would POP! It makes soooo much we had enough for leftovers the next night, which is always a plus! Anywhere I can cut corners without sacrificing quality, I will. Hope you enjoy this one as much as we do!!!

Smokey, Creamy Mac & Cheese

WHAT YOU NEED:
2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni (I actually used about 3 1/2 cups)
1/4 cup butter, cubed
1/4 cup all purpose flour
2 cups 2% milk
1 tub (8oz) PHILADELPHIA Chive & Onion cream cheese spread
4 oz VELVEETA cheese, cut into cubes
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1/2 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
2 tbsp butter, melted

MAKE IT!!!!
Cook macaroni according to package directions. In a larger saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the cream cheese, Velveeta, cheddar cheese, bacon, salt and pepper.
Drain the pasta, stir in the cheese sauce. Transfer to a greased baking dish. Combine bread crumbs and melted butter and sprinkle over casserole. Bake at 350F for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.


This is a crowd pleaser! Most everyone loves mac n cheese! Kids love it too!!! Make it for your family and enjoy the leftovers the next night and save precious time!!! ENJOY!!!



Kid Rating: *****
Grown up Rating*****
Skill level is 1

This dish also freezes nicely! Just pop it in the oven at 350F and bake for an hour or until bubbly.

1 comment: