Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Everyday Italian

I'm sorry I have been away for some time, at one point my computer was in the shop, then life just caught up with me and I have been soooo busy. I know that I've said in earlier posts that I would start giving ya'll my weekly menu and shopping list so those that want to follow could print out the menu and list and the hard work is done for you! Here is this weeks menu:

Chicken Fajita Pizza / Refried beans

Shrimp with Pesto / Linguini with Arugula / Salad

Cheddar Chicken Chowder / Cornbread

Grilled Steaks / Fontina Mac n Cheese / Roasted Asparagus

Chicken Lasagna / Salad / Garlic bread

Chili / Cornbread

Meatloaf / Cheesy Stuffed Potatoes / Green beans

Muffeletta Sandwich / Kettle Chips / pickle spear

Now instead of giving you my entire shopping list I will give you the recipe to each one as I make them. I have a habit of never going in order! So I don't necessarily go in the order I just listed. Tonight's supper was Shrimp with Pesto / Linguini with Arugula and salad. It was fantastic! The kids devoured the pasta but shyed away from the shrimp, which us adults LOVED!!

Shrimp with Pesto:
1 lb large raw peeled shrimp
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp prepared pesto or homemade pesto

Directions: In a hot skillet, add olive oil, add raw shrimp and cook 3-4 minutes until pink on both sides. Once done, add pesto, heat through.

Linguini with Arugula:
1 box linguini
8 oz Pecorini Romano cheese, grated
3/4 stick butter, room temp
Arugula (I cut off about a handful)

Directions: Cook pasta to box directions. In a large pasta bowl add room temp butter, chunked. Once pasta is done, strain with a pasta strainer, add to pasta bowl, over the butter. Add a ladle or tow of pasta water to make a sauce and melt butter. Add Pecorino cheese, stir; add Arugula, mix well. Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment